Can a Queen Mattress Fit on a Full Bed?
If you’re shopping for mattresses, there’s a lot to consider. If you’ve already purchased a headboard and frame, for instance, you’re locked in to a particular mattress size. This means if you’ve purchased, for instance, a full size bed frame, you will need a full size mattress. While many people make the mistake that a full and a queen are the same size, this is not the case. Both a full and a queen are two individual sizes, and as such, a queen size mattress will not fit on a full size bed. In the end, you just want a bed that helps you sleep better. Many of us aren’t getting a good night’s sleep, and our mattresses could be to blame.
When mattress shopping, you should know some of the very basics. For instance, the difference between mattress sizes is something important you must take into consideration. Starting from smallest to largest, the standard mattress sizes are twin, full, queen, and king. There are several specialty sizes that are kind of mattress outliers, including twin XL and California king. The California king is wider and longer than a traditional king, and a twin XL is simply longer than a traditional twin, making it a viable option for sleeping one adult, as opposed to one youth. The queen size mattress is the most popular, most widely used mattress and bed size available.
At CordaRoy’s, we know mattresses and comfort. We’ve been in the mattress industry long enough to know how to separate hype from real, quality craftsmanship. We’ve seen the trends come and go, so we know what has true staying power, what works, and what simply does not. The benefit of owning a CordaRoy’s mattress is the ability you have to provide additional bedding for guests and store it as a comfortable bean bag chair when not in use. All our mattresses come wrapped up inside of the most comfortable and most coveted seat in the house. And our mattress sizes are available from twin all the way to king.
Owning a CordaRoy’s means never having to worry that your guests or your kids’ spend the night company won’t have a place to sleep. It also means they won’t have to settle for the uncomfortable pull out sofa or a blanket pallet on the floor. You can also benefit by not wasting space. You can provide ultimate comfort for your guests without dedicating an entire room as a guest room, by simply purchasing a CordaRoy’s convertible bean bag bed. And if you’re short on space to begin with, a CordaRoy’s allows you to have guest bedding that is easily stored away when not in use.
If it’s time for you to shop for a new bed or mattress, we’re here to help. We think convertible is the way to go if you’re looking for a guest room or additional bedding, or even bedding for small spaces like studio apartments or dorm rooms. But if you’ve already committed to a frame and headboard, we can help! Here are some must-know facts about mattress shopping that can help you make sense out of the industry and also help you get the best deal possible.
Knowing the Mattress Buying Basics
Our first tip-don’t walk blindly into a mattress store to learn about how to buy a mattress. Within twenty minutes you won’t know anything more than you did when you entered, but you’ll leave with a mattress that is probably substantially more than you need and has probably blown your budget. Educate yourself first. Here are the things you should know.
- Mattress size. We mentioned sizes earlier. If you’ve already purchased a bed frame, your size options are limited to that frame’s size. This means you don’t need to bother looking at mattresses in sizes other than the frame size you have, no matter how persuasive a sales agent may seem.
If you’re still on the fence about what size mattress you need, consider this: A twin bed is good for one sleeping child; a twin XL is suitable for a teenager or adult; this is mainly because of the width of the twin size bed. CordaRoy’s offers a youth size mattress that is wider than a standard twin and allows for up to two sleeping children.
A full mattress is technically able to capacitate two sleeping adults, but it’s a really tight fit. That’s why the most popular mattress remains the queen mattress. The queen is a bit bigger than a full, and allows for two people to sleep more comfortably than a full.
A king bed is much longer and a bit wider than a queen. These are the quintessential master bedroom suite standard. Two people can sleep in this bed without ever knowing the other exists, and if that’s what you’re looking for, the king is what you need.
- Mattress firmness. There’s no industry standard to measure a mattress’s firmness. Most of the time, you see firmness described in terms of either soft, medium, firm, or extra firm. A lot of it comes down to what’s inside the mattress. The interior of a mattress is either an inner coil spring system or (more popularly) some type of foam.
If a mattress is an innerspring, the more coils it contains will make it more firm, regardless of the type of mattress “topper” that comes standard on it. In the same manner, a foam filled mattress that contains more foam will be firmer than one that contains less.
CordaRoy’s mattresses are fully customizable for your comfort. While most of our clients enjoy their mattresses just as they come, we understand that we can’t possibly create a mattress that would make everyone happy. As such, we offer a super easy way to make our mattresses softer or firmer, depending on your tastes. This ensures your CordaRoy’s mattress is always the most comfortable in the house.
- Return policy. Some manufacturers will offer you a trial period so you can sleep on your mattress and decide whether or not it’s the best option for your needs. Be aware, however, that many mattress retailers tack on a hefty fee if you even want the availability of this “take back” option. Additionally, there could be a lot of hidden conditions that will determine whether or not you can actually return your mattress. In other words, don’t expect that the process will be a piece of cake.
Conversely, at CordaRoy’s we make customer satisfaction our highest priority. If you aren’t completely satisfied with your CordaRoy’s you can return it with no questions asked. That’s our policy.
- Pricing. The saying “they get you coming and going” definitely applies to the mattress industry. It’s why we aren’t fans of mattress stores or most mattress manufacturers. Did you know, for instance, that the retail price you see when you enter a mattress store isn’t the actual retail price of the mattress? It’s not even close. In fact, not only is it typically half the retail price, you can likely get it for hundreds of dollars cheaper, but you have to do a fair bit of haggling. You can be sure the haggling will include offers of delivery and set up, removal of your old mattress, and other things that won’t actually cost the seller much, but they’ll throw those “extras” in there to make you think you’re getting a great deal.
At CordaRoy’s, what you see for pricing is what you get. We don’t inflate, and we don’t make arbitrary promises. We offer incredibly comfortable and convenient bedding at a fair price with no hidden fees.
Do I Need a Full Bed or a CordaRoy?
If you’re asking yourself this important question, we can help you make a great decision. Don’t get us wrong; sometimes you need a bed frame, headboard and footboard; the whole nine yards. But there are definitely situations when a CordaRoy would be a simpler, better option than an immovable bed that takes up space. Here are just a few.
- Guest room recovery. Don’t waste an entire room by creating a space that is only used once in a while. A CordaRoy lets you use that room as something that benefits your family on a daily basis (playroom, library, game room, etc.) and provides guest sleeping quarters when needed.
- Kid’s Rooms. Sleepover guests don’t have to share a twin bed or sleep on the floor in a pile of blankets. Kids love CordaRoy’s because they are a kid-friendly, super comfy spot to sit. When they have a friend over, simply convert the bean bag chair to a mattress and let the fun begin.
- Studio apartments. If you’re living in a small space, you know the importance of anything that can do double duty. Why not make your couch your favorite place to sleep? A king size CordaRoy’s can function as a comfortable couch by day, and your favorite mattress at night.
- Game rooms/bonus rooms. Looking for comfortable seating for your game room or media room? Look no further than CordaRoy’s bean bag chairs. They’re a fan favorite and when you’re not catching the big game in them, you can use their internal mattress as additional bedding for guests that won’t make it home that night!
Everyone has to buy a mattress eventually; after all, the average lifespan of a mattress is ten years. It’s important to know a little about the mattress industry so you don’t get taken the minute you walk in the door or click on a mattress retailer’s website. CordaRoy’s exists to bring you comfort and convenience and a mattress buying experience that is completely painless and enjoyable.